- Job seekers enrolled in Hafiz, Searching for Employment will automatically benefit from the Employment Support (ES) platform which provides access to job placement centers, Taqat-online job postings, Liqaat career fairs, numerous education and training offerings, and many more services;
- Job seekers enrolled in this program will benefit from financial support for 1 year during their job search period, paid monthly and reaching up-to 2,000 SAR. Beneficiaries are able to suspend their financial support before the completion of 1 year, and return later to receive the remaining payments if and when needed. This support is intended to ease the financial hardship of unemployment while beneficiaries focus on searching for a job.
Beneficiaries of the program are required to fulfill certain "obligations", intended to help find and sustain employment as well as signal commitment to a serious job search. These obligations represent commitments, made by all beneficiaries of Hafiz, Searching for Employment, to complete key tasks and trainings detailed below. The generous benefits of this program are made possible through the honesty of beneficiaries in fulfilling their commitments.Therefore, failure to comply with obligations will result in potential financial penalties and/or termination from the program.
- Periodic Sign On (PSO): Requirement to sign on to the TAQAT online portal once per week to receive certain small assignments (for example: complete a form or attend an e-training). The PSO obligation is fulfilled once all steps and actions are complete;
- Attend assigned E-trainings and classroom trainings: Requirement to attend all assigned trainings, both online and in classrooms. These are an excellent way to learn new skills, and also help make beneficiaries more attractive to employers;
- Attend job interviews: Requirement to attend all job interviews. Interviews are a critical part of finding employment, and are also an important skill to learn. In order to avoid losing benefits, beneficiaries must be respectful of interested employers and attend assigned interviews.
- Accept suitable job offers: Requirement to not reject more than two job offers which are deemed as appropriate. The purpose of Hafiz, Searching for Employment is to enable finding work, so it is expected that beneficiaries will accept a suitable job when it is offered.
If an obligation is failed, the job seeker is subject to financial penalties and/or termination from the program as shown in the table below:
|Failing to complete Periodic Sign On (PSO)||200 SAR||After 6 occurrences|
|Not completing an assigned training||200 SAR||After 4 occurrences|
|Not attending an interview||200 SAR||After 4 occurrences|
|Not attending a Job Placement Center appointment||200 SAR||After 4 occurrences|
|Rejecting a suitable job offer||--||After 3 occurrences|
Full compliance time: Note that beneficiaries of Hafiz, Searching for Employment must initially complete all assignments and receive zero penalties for a period of 2 months before financial support will begin. Failure to complete one or more obligations during this compliance period will result in termination from the program.
Individuals enrolling in Hafiz, Searching for Employment should meet the following criteria:
- Should be a Saudi national (male or female) or have a Saudi mother.
- Should be aged between 20 and 34 years.
- Should be eligible to work.
- Should not be currently employed.
- Should not be currently receiving training at an academic or professional institution.
- Should not have received a salary at or above 2,000 SAR for the past 12 months.
- Should not be benefiting from a pension salary.
- Should not be benefiting from a fixed pension or financial support.
- Should be a resident of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for at least 10 months of the period during which he/she would be benefiting from the program
- Should meet the following time-frames before submitting his/her application.
o Should not have obtained post-graduate degrees or similar within the past 6 months.
o Should not have withdrawn from studies or training within the past 6 months.
o Should not have held a job within the past 3 months.
- Should not have any trading or commercial activities.
- Should not, unless for a valid and acceptable reason, break with any of the above eligibility criteria during the period application review.